If November is “the Norway of the year,” then December is Alaska. (And January Antarctica.)
Getting dressed ceases to be fun and instead becomes a logistical nightmare wherein I try to imagine an outfit for the day’s highs (20) and lows (14), realize I can’t (because going outside when it’s below freezing is cruel), and contemplate just staying in bed with a batch of cookies (I made these–video link–recently and they are life affirming).
But like Descartes wrote in Discourse on the Method, to arrive at a solution, “divide each of the difficulties under examination into as many parts as possible.” So I’ll introspect, arm myself with every conceivable cold-weather essential, and realize that all I lack are impetus and a sprinkle of courage. Then I’ll gulp down some hot cocoa, put on a heavy coat, and open the door.
And some obligatory sale news, as there are many “extra percentage off” promotions in progress:
• Sale styles are an extra 40% off at Kate Spade with code MOREEXTRA. While shipping and returns are free in the U.S., some styles become final sale with the code, so review your cart carefully before checking out.
• Also on sale is Club Monaco’s sale section: take an extra 30% off sale styles, no code needed. Use code HOLIDAY18 for free standard shipping on all orders.
• Everything is on sale at Old Navy, including Rockstar jeans, which are quite affordable considering the quality and come in extended sizes.
• Several of my favorite Heattech styles are no now a modest sale: Bra Scoop Neck T-Shirt, Extra Warm Turtleneck T-Shirt, and Turtleneck Long-Sleeve T-Shirt.
• And take an extra 30% off sale styles at Cole Haan with code SAVE. While this discount will be sweetened in the week after Christmas, sizes have started to sell out so I’ll let you weigh the best time to order.
• Finally, sale styles (dozens of styles have been newly added) at Ann Taylor are an extra 50% off with code WRAPITUP. I ordered several more Pearlized Cuff Bracelet (now less than $10 after discounts) to gift this week. More picks: