|Dress the Population Michelle Sequin Gown // Size XS // Matte Black|
▪ I almost added a new trophy piece to my closet recently, but the poor fit (obvious bunching in the back and too-long length) and lack of occasion for it complicated my decision. If you are on the taller end of average height (or taller), you must try the Dress the Population Michelle Sequin Gown (available in three colors). It fits about a size small, but has stretch so your normal size might also work. It’s sold at Nordstrom, Bloomingdale’s, Lord + Taylor, and Amazon.
▪ Laugh and the World Laughs With You. Type “Ha,” Not So Much. (The New York Times)
▪ What Happened When Walmart Left (The Guardian)
▪ Take an extra 30% off sale items at H&M with code 2400 (code currently works on whole cart, but may revert back to for one item). Shipping is free on orders over $40 with code 0040. My picks: Short Lace Dress, Shaping Skinny Regular Jeans, Slip-style Dress, Skinny Regular Jeans, Slip-style Dress with Lace, Super Skinny Low Jeans, and Tie-belt Satin Jacket.
▪ I am currently enraptured by the idea of homemade fruit leathers, and have been puréeing and dehydrating up a storm whenever I can. It’s one of those activities that doesn’t require many ingredients (you really just need fruit and/or sweeteners) or any talent, so it’s naturally suited for someone of my (limited) skill set and attention span. You should give this a whirl if you need a background activity this weekend.
▪ Why Some Men Don’t Work: Video Games Have Gotten Really Good (The New York Times)
▪ Dry Shampoo Is Absolutely a Scam (Racked)
▪ Clearance styles at Abercrombie & Fitch are now up to 70% off (price as marked). And use code 10995 to take $20 off every $100 you spend and for free shipping on orders over $75. My picks: Lace Midi Dress, Fleece Leggings, Off-the-Shoulder Dress, Oxford Shirt, Cozy One-Shoulder Sweatshirt, Classic Robe, and Cozy Jersey Knit Cardigan.
▪ What Do We Think Poverty Looks Like? (The New York Times)
▪ How Economics Became a Religion (The Guardian)
▪ Take an extra 40% off (or 50% off on final sale styles) sale styles at J. Crew with code SALEONSALE. A few picks: Signet Bag in Italian Leather (love the bag in “Sun”), Kayu™ Hand-Embroidered Envelope Clutch, Tie-Waist Skirt in Seaside Floral, A-line Skirt in Ratti® Painted Pineapple, and Tulle Ball Skirt.
▪ What Is the Difference Between Nationality and Citizenship? (The Economist)
▪ The Word Choices That Explain Why Jane Austen Endures (The New York Times)
▪ Earth’s Sixth Mass Extinction Event Under Way, Scientists Warn (The Guardian)
Have a great weekend, everyone!