|J. Crew Resumé Dress // Heather Dusk Gray // Size 000|
▪ Hundreds of new styles have been added to J. Crew‘s new arrivals section, including new colors for the Resumé Dress (see on me here) that I love. Some other picks: One-Shoulder Tie Dress in Liberty® Claire-Aude Floral, Daisylace Dress, Tie Waist Skirt in Italian Stretch Wool, Tweed Lady Jacket with Ties, Bell-Sleeve Daisylace Dress, Academy Loafers, and J. Crew Tie-Neck Hoodie in Italian Featherweight Cashmere.
▪ How Silicon Valley Pushed Coding Into American Classrooms (The New York Times)
▪ How Metaphors Shape Women’s Lives (The BBC)
▪ Interactive Periodic Table Shows the Uses of Every Element (Lifehacker)
▪ The Lonely Lives of Dolphin Lice (The Atlantic)
▪ In Juries, Lawyers Now Favor the Uninformed (The New York Times)
▪ Random 70+% off online finds: Cotton Emporium Tiered Ruffle Sleeve Sweater, J. Crew Cashmere Sweater, Badgley Mischka Draped Jersey Gown, Joe Fresh Seam Ponte Pant, Madewell Ribbed Lace-Up Bodysuit, Merchant Archive Wool-Crepe Wide-Leg Pants, Badgley Mischka Off-The-Shoulder Flutter Sleeve Gown, Theia V-Neck Petal Gown, and ABS Jersey Triangle-Sleeve Gown.
▪ Scientists Just Teleported an Object Into Space for the First Time (Time Magazine)
▪ Why Business Leaders Need to Read More Science Fiction (HBR)
▪ Advanced Social Technologies and the Future of Collaboration (McKinsey & Company)
▪ Why Millennials Should Lead the Next Labor Movement (The New York Times)
▪ Clearance styles at J. Crew Factory are an extra 50% off with code CLEAROUT. My picks: Scalloped Cami Top, 4″ Scallop-Hem Short, Suede Chunky-Heel Sandals, Daybreak Dress, Ecru Denim Jacket, Flutter-Sleeve Dress, and Scalloped Tank Dress.
▪ Name of Groans: The Search for the Most Truly Awful Restaurant Name in America (Eater)
▪ At This Point, Amazon Can Crush a Company Just By Filing for a Trademark (Gizmodo)
▪ As Workouts Intensify, a Harmful Side Effect Grows More Common (The New York Times)
▪ NASA’s Next Great X-Plane Will Try to Revolutionize Electric Flight (Popular Mechanics)
▪ Can Young Blood Really Rejuvenate the Old? (The Economist)
▪ The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is now public. Here are some picks: Franco Sarto Kristen Loafer, Tory Burch Collins Double Wrap Leather Strap Watch, BLANKNYC Suede Miniskirt, Topshop Layered Ruffle Sleeve Cardigan, BLANKNYC Suede Moto Jacket, Leith Blouson Sleeve Sweater, Vince Cashmere Cardigan, and BLANKNYC Faux Leather Jacket.
▪ Uber Offers a Thankless Job, and the Applications Flood In (The New York Times)
▪ How Bosses Are (Literally) Like Dictators (Vox)
▪ Eating Clean is Useless (Vice)
▪ When Black Hair Violates The Dress Code (NPR)
▪ What Will Service Work Look Like Under Amazon? (The New York Times)
▪ Recently purchased: Tory Burch Bryce Sandal, J Brand High Waist Ankle Super Skinny Jeans, Boden Cordelia Ottoman Dress, Todd & Duncan Cashmere Poet-Sleeve Pullover, and Self-Portrait Guipure Lace and Poplin Mini Dress.
Have a great weekend, everyone!