|Left // Right|
1. My “adventure cape,” a white-label product previously sold under the DKNY brand, is available this fall as the Halogen Snap Front Hooded Cape (two colors). There is a small difference in material composition, but the design has remained mostly unchanged (though the current version looks a little longer than last year’s). The fit is intended to be oversized, so there’s no need to size down unless you are particularly narrow-shouldered or short. The quality is exceptional for the price.
2. The Ever-Shifting Symbolism of Lace via Racked
3. Generation Adderall via the New York Times Magazine
4. How America Outlawed Adolescence via the Atlantic
5. How Sites Like Google and Facebook Put You In Political Echo Chambers via Life Hacker
6. Most tops are 30% off today with code YAY at Anthropologie. In my cart: Patrie Mixed Lace Top (gorgeous color!), Ruffled Sagnier Pullover, Cropped Guerie Shell, Ruffled Shoulder Cardigan, Lauvitel Wrap Top, and Victoria Lace Tunic.
7. Elon Musk’s Wild Ride via Bloomberg
8. 21 Reasons Pandas Are The Absolute Best via BuzzFeed
9. Diet cutlery? Electronic Spoons Which Make Food Taste Sweeter on Horizon via the Telegraph
10. Amazon to Expand Grocery Business With New Convenience Stores via the Wall Steet Journal
11. Take 60% off clearance styles (prices reflect discount) at Aerie. My picks: Lace Boyshort, Brooke Lace Trim Bra, Cross-Front Romper, The Bare Bra, Halter Boho Bralette, Geo Lace Cheeky Panty, and Lace Hi Neck Bralette. Shipping is free on orders over $50.
12. The Real Cost of ASOS’s Fast Fashion via BuzzFeed
13. Why For-Profit Education Fails via the Atlantic
14. Rolls-Royce Made a Picnic Basket That Costs $46,000: And It’s Not Even Made of Gold. via Bloomberg
15. How Yelp Ratings, Michelin Stars Can Be a Double-Edged Sword for Restaurants via Eater
16. If you wear a size 7-9, the Kate Spade Lydia Bow Heels that I own and reviewed are now about half off at 6PM in lemon yellow, black, ivory, and geranium. Select (and limited) sizes are also on sale at Amazon.
19. Letter of Recommendation: Craps via the New York Times
20. Recent purchases: WAH LONDON x ASOS Velvet Dress With Pearl Straps, J. Crew Cape Scarf, Demy Lee Yulia Sweater Dress, Ann Taylor Extrafine Merino Wool Topped Poncho, and Kate Spade Brigette Bow Satchel (on sale in red here).