1. One of my favorite tops (if not my favorite top), the Forever 21 Dotted Surplice Top, has been restocked in two colors and all sizes online. It is also on sale and buy one get one free with code BOGOFREE. See it on me here. I must own like four copies of this top at this point (because laundry day?)
2. Ruth Bader Ginburg’s Advice for Living via the New York Times
2.5. Fighting Words: Why Ruth Bader Ginsburg Is Speaking Out—and What It Means For the Battles Ahead via New Republic
3. What if We All Just Didn’t Vote? via Vice
4. The Mystery of Why Left-Handers Are So Much Rarer via the BBC
5. Take up to 60% off thousands of items at H&M for Columbus Day. I ordered the Fine-knit Poncho and Green Lace Skirt. My other picks: Lace Pencil Skirt, Lace Bustier, Circle Skirt, Slim-fit Pants, Long Knit Cardigan, and Sleeveless Lace Blouse.
6. Imagining A Cashless World via the New Yorker
7. The Tiny State Whose Laws Affect Workers Everywhere via the Atlantic
8. The Puzzle of Trump’s Massive Losses via Politico
9. How Vera Rubin Discovered Dark Matter via Astronomy Magazine
10. Why Are Politicians So Obsessed With Manufacturing via the New York Times Magazine
11. New styles have been added to the sale section of Forward by Elyse Walker. My picks: Balenciaga Painted Edge Mini City AJ, Balenciaga Small City Plate Portfolio Bag (in black here), Globe-Trotter x Missoni 21″ Trolley Case, Alexis Heidi Romper, A.L.C. Bolen Dress, Alexia Delila Dress, Mara Hoffman Off-the-Shoulder Dress, and DvF Lavana Dress.
12. Twilight of the Tanning Salons via Bloomberg
13. Review: Sony PlayStation VR via Wired
14. How All 50 State Capitals Got Their Names via Mental Floss
15. MailChimp and the Un-Silicon Valley Way to Make It as a Start-Up via the New York Times
16. Recently purchased: Kate Spade Jacinda Crossbody Bag, Old Navy Mini-Saddle Bag, Ann Taylor Floral Necklace, Thread & Supply Double Breasted Peacoat, Sephora x Disney Minnie Compact Mirror, and J. Crew Downtown Field Jacket (now an extra 50% off).
And don’t forget to check out the Columbus Day sale roundup post, which has information about some really great sales.
Have an awesome weekend, all!