1. Since news of KFC’s “secret” recipe reveal broke a few weeks ago, I have spent a considerable amount of time trying this recipe and I must say that adding MSG goes a step further to completing it. If only a KFC affiliate would accidentally tweet out the recipe for the FLG sauce…
2. How To Have Friends via the Awl
3. Here Are the Last Possible Dates You Can Register to Vote in Your State via Time Magazine
4. A hodgepodge of things on sale that I like: J. Crew Factory Schoolboy Blazer, Chloe Suede OTK Boots, J. Crew Striped T-Shirt Dress, Express Marled Sweater, Nike Thea Sneakers (go up half to a full size; best for narrow feet), Ivanka Trump Block Heel Sandal, Self Portrait Azalea Dress, Self Portrait Lace Maxi Dress, Vince Camuto Court Sandal, Valentino Rockstud Pumps, JAG Ripped Boyfriend Jeans, Givenchy Box Bag, Elizabeth and James Suede Crossbody Bag, BCBGeneration Lace Dress, Erin Retherston Lace Dress (87% off in size 0), Maggy London Fit-and-Flare Dress, and Self-Portrait Lace Peplum Dress (in white here).
5. We Can’t Figure Out Amazon’s Weird Pricing System via Racked (This is my theory: availability definitely affects dynamic pricing, so does the number of inquiries. Most times, after I share an obscure link here, the price for that particular style goes up shortly after and falls again after a few days, if availability hasn’t been affected.)
6. A Bonfire of the Swiss Watches via the Financial Times
7. Get Ready for Organic Gatorade via Grub Street (WHY?????!)
8. Amazon Is Testing Food Orders Directly From a Cooking Show via Time
9. Shop Ann Taylor‘s extra 50% off sale until Sunday night and stack this offer with code GIFT11 for $30 off orders over $60. Here are what caught my eye: Cold-Shoulder Ruffle Top, Chambray Tie-neck Shirt, Summer Blossom Midi Dress, Halter Flare Dress, and Lace-trim Slip Dress.
10. Yellowstone Owes Its Early Success To Public Bear Feeding via Atlas Obscura (Never have I been sadder that I wasn’t born a century earlier.)
11. Why Luck Plays a Big Role in Making You Rich via Bloomberg
12. The Distinct Pleasure of the House Dress via Racked (“The beauty of the house dress is the promise of presentability.”)
13. Shit Happens: I Spent Two Terrible Weeks on a Kardashian-endorsed “Teatox” via Fusion
14. That Signal Wasn’t Aliens — It Was Coming from Earth via Popular Science (The call is coming from inside the house.)
15. Recently purchased: BNCI Faux Suede Moto Jacket (nine colors!), J. Crew Toggle Cape in Wool Cashmere, Tory Burch Miller Sandal, Anne Klein Printed Dress, and Burberry Quilted Hooded Jacket. The Topshop Moto Skinny Jeans that I recently ordered is now 35% off.
Have a great long weekend, all!