1. One of my favorite recent purchases is the J. Crew Signet Bag (review is in the works). Some popular colors are already selling out online, a sign that J. Crew has another potential hit on its hands.
3. The 100 Jokes That Shaped Modern Comedy via Vulture
4. Tory Burch is running a “private sale” until 08/19. Select styles are up to 70% off. Here are my picks: Raleigh Wedge (additional color here), Marion Quilted Tote, Robinson Mini Satchel, Caroline Ballet Flat, Plaid Coat, Colorblock Espadrille, Cecile Sandal, Raleigh Pump (also here), and Sophie Wedge. I ordered the Sedgewick Ballet Flat.
5. (Video link) Full Frontal with Samantha Bee: Crisis Pregnancy Centers via Youtube
6. We Have Made It Harder for Big-Brained Animals to Survive via the BBC
7. Saks‘ Gift Card Event is back. Use code AUG2016 at checkout to earn up to $900 in gift cards. Prada, Valentino, Givenchy, and CL are excluded. Burberry, however, is participating. My picks: Burberry Hooded Wool Duffle Coat, Burberry Banner Leather Satchel, Burberry Kensington Heritage Trench Coat, Burberry Sandringham Trench Coat, and Burberry Wolseley Cotton Cape.
9. Will Embryonic Stem Cells Ever Cure Anything? via MIT Technology Review
10. Shopbop just marked down new styles, including the Alexis Gem Dress which is on my wishlist. Other picks: Dolce Vita Howie Lace Up Sandals, Stuart Weitzman Daisy Pumps, Alexis Lula Dress, Aquazzura French Lover Sandals, Elle Sasson Leandra Dress, Cornetti Gladiator Sandals, Soludos Wedge Espadrilles, and A.L.C. Tolan Dress.
11. I was in a fussy mood last week, which eliminated dining out as an option. Instead, I turned to Pinterest for ideas. While some recipes yielded unexpected results, other attempts were both easy and delicious. My recommendations: Butter Chicken (was trying to sell my mom on how useful the pressure cooker from Amazon Prime Day was); Corn Chowder (extremely simple. Some recommended tweaks: use chicken stock instead of water; add some butter when you mix in the potatoes and onions; and you don’t have to warm the half-and-half separately, just add it in the end on low heat); Super-Crumb Coffee Cake (even better with jam or compote); Herb Crusted Chicken (works even if you don’t add cream cheese); and Bruschetta Chicken (must marinade chicken beforehand).
12. Too Much Time in Air-Conditioning Is Warping Your Ability to Handle Heat via New York Magazine
13. ASOS clearance styles are further reduced and now up to 70% off. My picks: Skirt in Stripe (I own this and love the print and shape but the pleats are kind of wonky), A-Line Skirt with Scallop Hem, Lace Skater Dress, Wrap Skirt with Scallop Detail, Flutter Sleeve Dress, Layered Maxi Skirt, Coat with Trench Details, Cropped Blazer, and Bardot Bodycon Dress.
15. Sex, Lies and YouTube: The Predatory Side of Internet Fame via Mashable
16. Inside The Race To Become The Chipotle Of Pizza via Buzzfeed
Have a great week, all!