1. While browsing ModCloth‘s “Big Sale,” I found a skirt that looks very similar to the one pictured above and is still available in smaller sizes.
1.5. Other picks from the ModCloth sale: Awe I Do is Win Dress, I Rest My Grace Dress, Stripe It Lucky Skirt, The Best Vignette to Come Dress, Ring Out the Bold Dress, Major Course of Stunning Dress, A Lively Story Dress, Resort’s Most Ravishing Dress, Sail It Loud, Sail It Proud Dress, Reliably Blithe Dress, and One Act Playful Sneaker in Biscuit.
2. (You may never eat again after reading this list) The Neurotic Eater’s Grocery List via Grub Street
3. (Possibly NSFW) Inside the World’s Chicest Cult via Harper’s Bazaar
4. 3 Airfare Hacks for the Committed Penny-Pincher via the New York Times
4.5. (Sharing this again, because it’s helpful) The Art of “Forecasting” the Lowest Airfare via the New York Times
5. Can Attachment Theory Explain All Our Relationships? via New York Magazine
6. Designer sale styles at Shopbop are an extra 25% off with code DESIGNER25. A few picks: Michael Kors Selma Medium Top Zip Satchel, Sophie Hulme Nano Envelope Bag, Rebecca Minkoff Georgina Studded Sandals, Marc Jacobs Arrowhead Scarf, and Clare V. Linen Stripe Clutch.
7. Doctors Have Become Less Empathetic, But Is It Their Fault? via Aeon (In short: “… time pressure can cause either a suspension of ethical decision-making or an internal conflict that overwhelms a person’s natural tendency to help those in need.”)
8. Court Ruling Finds Sharing Passwords For Subscription Sites Like Netflix Is a Federal Crime via NY Daily New
9. Aerie is running a one-day special event; use code TAKE24 for 24% off your order and free shipping. I shared some of my favorites in a previous review here. My picks: The “Brooke,” my favorite Aerie style; bralettes, especially the Romantic Lace Bralette; Duvet Set; and Ribbed Lace Romper.
10. Marie Kondo and the Ruthless War on Stuff via the New York Times
11. Perseid Meteor Shower 2016: When, Where & How to See It via Space.com
12. Today is the last day to shop Forever 21‘s Black Friday in July sale. My picks: Drapey Surplice Top, Buttoned Babydoll Cami, Wrap Romper, Pointed Faux Suede Pumps, Geo-Textured Skater Dress, Eyelash Lace PJ Romper, Boxy Angel-Sleeved Blouse, Crochet Pencil Skirt, Lace-Up Sandals, Layered-Back Top, and Layered Slip Dress.
13. Why True Coincidences Are Hard to Find via the BBC
14. The Addicted Generation via Pacific Standard
15. We Need To Call American Breakfast What It Often Is: Dessert via Vox
16. Twitch Streamers Are Eating and Throwing Up on the Air via Vice
17. Final sale styles are an extra 50%-60% off at J. Crew with code 48HOURS. My picks: Gingham Tippi Sweater, Striped Tunic, Cara Dress & Clara Dress (great for bridesmaids and wedding guests), and Floral A-line Dress. The Striped Crewneck Sweater that I love is on super sale, though sizes are limited.
18. How Craft Brewers Advance Science, and Make Better Beer via the New Yorker
19. The Quantum Origin of Time via the BBC
20. Amazon Prime Day is here! I ordered the (exceptionally well-reviewed) Instant Pot 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker for my mom and Bose SoundTrue Around-ear Headphones for my dad. Both are priced at historical lows according to Amazon price trackers.
20.5. The Amazon Prime Day sale on the Rebecca Minkoff Quilted Mini Affair Crossbody Handbag (reviewed here; see on me here) is one of the best deals I’ve seen on this style. With your Prime membership, the bag is merely $91.82 after discounts.