1. Being the neophile that I am, it will surprise no one that I found myself some Burger King Mac n’ Cheetos as soon as they became available nationwide. The initial reception was mixed, which is expected given how unorthodox this marriage is. I wish I could write that I loved them, but my experience was soured by having to wait 15 minutes for my order—an eternity for fast food, during which time I ate several orders of chicken fries, spoiling my appetite for the main event—and, after much anticipation, receiving an order of lukewarm Mac n’ Cheetos that were unfortunately charred at the ends. But, taking the words of a distinguished man to heart (“we must accept finite disappointment but never lose infinite hope“—a tangent: can anyone confirm or reject that this is a misquote? I’ve never been able to link the quote to one of King’s books or speeches), I’ve already shifted my attention to McDonald’s Gilroy Garlic Fries.
2. All sale styles are an extra 30% off with code KEEPCOOL at Club Monaco. Get free shipping on orders over $150 with code FREESHIP. The Bolari Lace Dress that I wishlisted weeks ago is now on sale.
3. Do Credit Card Networks Matter To Consumers? via Forbes
4. Physicists Have Discovered What Looks Like an Entire Family of New Particles in the LHC via Science Alert
5. Inside the Church of Chili’s via GQ
6. The Abercrombie & Fitch Summer Sale is now up to 70% off. My picks: Wrap Front Halter Cami, Wrap Front Top, and Drapey Shirt.
7. When People Live-Stream Murder and Suicide, Who Watches? via Vice
8. The Damn Good Reason There’s a Hole in Your Spaghetti Spoon via Popular Mechanics
9. Men Who Harass Women Online Are Quite Literally Losers, New Study Finds via the Washington Post
10. Take 50% off clearance styles at J. Crew Factory with code CLEARIT. My picks: Striped Canvas Clutch (cute and well-reviewed) and Suede d’Orsay Pumps.
11. Poor Kids Need Summer Jobs. Rich Kids Get Them via FiveThirtyEight
12. Whither The Webpage: Does It Even Matter What a Website Looks Like Anymore? via the Awl
13. Dream Park: From Giant Robots To Haptic Spiders, the Real Future of Virtual Worlds via the Verge
14. Refugees Encounter a Foreign World: Welcome via the New York Times
15. Sale styles are an extra 10% off at Boden with code 6R9E. I have my eyes on the Summer Wrap Dress, which is on sale in three pretty colorways.
16. The Story of Bakesale Betty via Lucky Peach
17. Meet the Man Leading the Charge Against SeaWorld, Puppy Mills, and Big Agra via Men’s Journal
18. How American Politics Went Insane via the Atlantic
19. The Last Bastion of Outdoor Outlaws via Outside Magazine
20. Recently ordered: Ann Taylor Strappy Off the Shoulder Top (currently sold out online), Forever 21 Flounce Knit Bodysuit, Free People Dahlia Tall Gladiator Sandal, and Ivanka Trump Klover Block Heel Sandal.
Enjoy the rest of your week!