1. I often peruse the comments section trying to glean additional insight from fellow readers after reading particularly indigestible articles. I came across the above-pictured comment after reading this article and was struck by how remarkably unremarkable this ad was. I now wonder how many other ads I’ve missed, thinking they were just ordinary comments.
2. I found an excellent copy of the Black Halo Jackie O Dress (see on me) for less. J. Crew’s “Promotion Dress” is available in extended sizes, comes in five subdued colors, and is well reviewed.
3. The Death of the Great American Sporting Goods Store via Racked
4. How Nate Silver Acted Like A Pundit And Screwed Up On Donald Trump via FiveThirtyEight
5. Meet Maverick Carter, the Man Behind LeBron’s Billion-Dollar Nike Deal: “You never get what you deserve, you only get what you negotiate” via GQ
6. There’s No Such Thing as Free Will via the Atlantic
7. My favorite sunglasses, these Fendi Cat Eye Sunglasses in tortoise shell from 2014, are now 68% off in four colors. I also tried these more affordable DvF cat eye sunglasses recently and really liked them.
8. Here’s What It’s Like Aboard The World’s Worst Airline via Jalopnik
9. Is Mike Hubbard the Most Corrupt Politician in America? via New Republic
10. The True Story of the Rainforest Cafe is Even Wilder Than You Thought via Atlas Obscura
11. The Mysterious Properties of the Wax in Your Ear via the BBC
12. My go-to strappy summer sandals, the Nine West Mana Sandals, are 30% off in five colors.
13. At This Hot Startup, You May Spend Your First Night Scrubbing Toilets via Fast Company
14. Yes, We Scan: the future of money via Buzzfeed
15. What’s Your Pay Gap? via the Wall Street Journal
16. Kate Spade’s “Up to 75% off Surprise Sale” (caveat) returns! Some picks: Open Back Silk Mini Dress, Eiffel Tower Pendant, Kennedy Park Print Filipa Duffel, and Make a Splash Len Tote. I picked up the Grant Street Grainy Vinyl Neda Wallet, Duck Umbrella, and Grant Street Grainy Vinyl Wallet as gifts for recent graduates. All sales are final; shipping is $5.
17. Children of Heroin Crisis Find Refuge in Grandparents’ Arms via the New York Times
18. Apple Stole My Music. No, Seriously. via Vellum Atlanta
18.5. Apple Isn’t (Intentionally) Stealing Your Music, But You Might Want To Back Up Your Library via NPR
19. Women Who Spend A Lot Of Time On Their Looks Make More Money (the tagline is even better: “Men can rely on their innate attractiveness”) via the Huffington Post
20. Recent purchases: a frothy midi tulle skirt from Anthropologie (comes in three colors) and an off-the-shoulder dress from Shopbop.