1. The extremely well-reviewed J. Crew Mini Bucket Bag in Gingham has gone on sale (so has the plain, smooth leather version); while the unlined interior and stiff leather are disenchanting, I am enough of a gingham fan that I am ready to overlook these blemishes. Bright spots: reviewers claim that the leather is adaptable and becomes softer with wear, and that it is surprisingly spacious.
2. Google Plans to Map the Interior World in 3-D via Bloomberg
3. I am pretty sure the Grub Tub is what Christensen had in mind when he coined “disruptive technology.”
4. The Changing American Diet via FlowingData
5. Soon We Won’t Program Computers. We’ll Train Them Like Dogs via Wired
6. I am still frantically wedding guest dress shopping. Three dresses I
recently ordered that I am really excited about are the ASOS Bow Front Midi Dress, Lace Insert Maxi Dress, and Pephem Bandeau Midi Dress. I also really like the TFNC Off Shoulder Maxi Dress, but I am concerned that the color might be mistaken for white under bright light.
7. Self Toasters make crappy toast via the Guardian
8. Young Americans Drink More, Eat Worse, and Stay Skinnier Than Everyone Else via Bloomberg
9. A piece about MLM: Why Your Facebook Feed is Filled with Women Selling Essential Oils and Press-on Nails via Vox
10. Sale styles are an extra 40% off at J. Crew Factory with code TIMETOSHOP. Some picks: Striped Teddie Sweater, Printed Racerback Dress, Petal-sleeve Dress, Textured Cotton Dress (printed version here), Printed Pencil Skirt, and Laser-cut Tee.
11. Antitrust in the Age of Amazon via the New York Times
12. The City with 20-Year Waiting Lists for Rental Homes via the BBC
13. The Plan to Avert Our Post-Antibiotic Apocalypse via the Atlantic
14. The Death and Birth of the American Dam via Wired
15. Recently ordered: Tuckernuck packable sunhat (with an oversized bow). It is also available with cream and black bows. TUNUCKNEW takes 10% off your first purchase.
Have a great weekend, all!