1. Chicken donuts. Or just chicken nuggets in the shape of a large ring. White Castle did it first, and Burger King released its version on Monday. I really wanted to love them, but was disappointed.
2. Newly added to my wishlist is this J. Crew Fringy Tweed Jacket (it reminds me of this piece from Chanel Resort 2012) but it sold out within a few days of appearing online. I was told to expect the style restocked in early May. My fingers are crossed.
2.5. I am overall fairly enthusiastic about J. Crew’s newest arrivals. In addition to the aforementioned tweed jacket, I am also eying this Wrap Dress, Mixed Gingham Sandals, Mini Gingham Bucket Bag, Gemma Flower Flats, and Ruffle-sleeve Top. Some styles are already selling out, is it possible that J. Crew’s prospects are finally brightening?
3. Why So Many Smart People Aren’t Happy via the Atlantic
4. Same but Different via the New Yorker (a good piece on epigenetics)
5. Why the Rent vs. Buy Debate Is Completely Pointless via Lifehacker
6. Your Dog Hates Hugs via New York Magazine
7. Nordstrom’s sale section is a dangerous place right now, with all the newly discounted styles and items that it is pricematching. My picks: Calvin Klein Gayle Pointy Toe Pump, Kate Spade Animal Pendant Necklace, Theory Gabe Wool Blazer, Free People High/Low Thermal Top, and Madewell Whisper V-Neck Tee.
8. Inside the Risky, Jet-Setting World of Credit-Card Churning via Bloomberg
9. The Most Important Takeover of Any Organization in History via the Atlantic
10. Why the Big Banks Can’t Imagine Their Own Demises via the New Yorker
11. Impulsive purchases from the last week: Kate Spade Crosby Watch, BB Dakota Crisscross Skirt and Azalea High Neck Lace 3/4 Dress.