1. I ordered Kate Spade’s Hawthorne Lane Ryan Tote (additional colors and sizes here, here, and here) last spring to try but never shared the review (reason now unknown; probably just general laziness). I see that the bag has been made available in new colorways so thought I’d share this old picture so you can see the bag (10″ tall and 17″ wide with a 9″ handle drop) on someone my height (5’2). The bag is overall inoffensive and I really wanted a green/white striped bag at the time, but the lack of a top zipper was a deal breaker.
2. Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Donald Trump via Youtube
3. Something to Consider Before You Laugh at Millennials Complaining About Minimum Wage via Flavorwire
4. I finally jumped on the Self Portrait dresses bandwagon and ordered the Felicia and Azalea (other colorways here, here, and here). They are so pretty and while I am hardly a practical person, my lack of closet space is forcing me to ask these uncomfortable questions: Are they pretty enough? Or at least prettier than something I own that I would be willing to give away or sell?
5. Two words: baby orangutans. Also, they are not pets. (Note: these are video links.)
6. Fitbit is king in the world of wearables. (Apple’s iWatch came in a distant third place, after second-place Xiaomi, a Chinese electronics company.)
7. Shopbop’s spring sale is still going strong. Some of my closet favorites are on sale: Madewell Transport Tote (reviewed here), Hunter Original Boots, Black Halo Jackie O Belted Dress (reviewed here), Tory Burch Robinson Cross Body Bag, Theory Gabe Blazer, Rebecca Minkoff Quilted Mini Affair Bag (reviewed here), Converse All Star ’70s High Top Sneakers, Herve Leger Signature Essentials V Neck Dress, and Stuart Weitzman Gladiator Sandals.
8. Clickbait-y title? Why Dressing for Success Leads to Success via the Wall Street Journal
9. The changing face of globalization via the Washington Post
10. I couldn’t resist shopping the Olivia Palermo + Chelsea28 collection last month. The oversized bow in the back of the Stripe Wool & Cashmere Pullover is so darling; for those interested in this style, please note that the fit is bodyhugging (I went up one size).
Enjoy the rest of your week!