1. KFC added Nashville Hot Chicken, a regional specialty known for its two key ingredients—lard and cayenne pepper, to its menu last month. It’s enough of a novelty for me that I’ve gone like
every day every other day since its introduction. While it’s far from being the “best spicy chicken [I‘ve] ever had,” it‘s definitely worth a try if you are a fast food junkie like me. Prince’s Chicken Shack, however, is now at the top of my fried chicken wishlist.
2. My closet has been looking more bloated than usual lately so I decided to request a clean-out kit from thredUp (it pays outright for some fast fashion brands, like H&M). I look forward to doing a proper closet purge (the truth is I really need to make room for spring purchases).
3. The Nordic Parka that I own and reviewed here is on sale (plus an extra 30% off with code SHOPNOW). Sizes are still fairly complete in both colors. (Men’s and kids’ Nordic Parkas are also on sale!)
4. I am too impatient to have ever completed an MBTI questionnaire (Buzzfeed quizzes are more my speed). When I’ve been required to take the quiz in the past, I start to answer ironically about fifteen questions in. This Financial Times article hints at personality tests going out of fashion (or at least encountering more resistance), which is music to my ears.
5. My haul from the Macy’s footwear clearance event was a success. These Lauren Ralph Lauren Shira Booties (also sold here) were a keeper, so were these Helly Hansen Vega Waterproof Leather Boots. The only disappointment from the order was the Sperry Shearwater Duck Boot, which started to fall apart right out of the box.
6. The Forever 21 Longline Duster Coat that I bought last winter has been restocked in all sizes. It’s quite overpriced at retail and also not warm enough for February, but I have grown rather fond of it.
7. We are living in a time of negative interest rates. This New York Times article explains why people probably won‘t just stash cash under their mattresses (for now).
8. Nordstrom’s winter clearance sale is in full swing. Some colorways of the Bobeau One-Button Fleece Wrap Cardigan that I wore here are 65% off
am a lazy and selfish baker so my friends know to share with me only
recipes that require few ingredients and little prep but yield an
enormous amount of end product. I was recently given this two-ingredient chocolate truffle recipe
and can confirm that anyone is capable of making delicious chocolate truffles.
10. A few people asked if I could share a boot that is similar to the Sorel Winter Fancy Lace Boots that I wore in this post; this Esprit style is a dead ringer for the Sorel Winter Fancy Boot, for those looking for a budget version.