|Zara Printed Blouse | Ann Taylor Kate Refined Flare Trousers | Burberry Mottram Trench (new version here) | Chanel Jumbo Flap | Miu Miu Taupe Pumps (similar here and here)
I meant to share these pictures sooner because I am such a fan of the Ann Taylor Kate Refined Flare Trousers featured in this post but didn’t. These pants have since gone on sale and are now sold out online in popular sizes. Check your local store as sizes may be more complete there.
The “Kate” fit is cut more generously through the hips and thighs compared to the Devin fit and is designed for “curvier” shapes. I find that this style fits true to size for Ann Taylor, though those with straighter shapes might consider sizing down if between sizes. The pair pictured here (size 00p) measures 13.25″ across the waist, 17.5″ across the widest part of the hip, 39.35″ in total length, and has a 10.5″ rise.
Here are some links to help fend off commute-related doldrums:
1. What ISIS Really Wants via the Atlantic
2. The Doomsday Scam via the New York Times
3. A 26-year-old MIT Graduate is Turning Heads Over His Theory That Income Inequality Is Actually About Housing via Medium
4. Who’s Investigating Fake Chinese Goods? Fake Investigators via the AP
5. Why Giving Back Isn’t Enough via the New York Times
6. If the Dead Could Speak via the Human Rights Watch (contains some very graphic content; you may need to set aside 30-60 minutes for this)
7. Efforts to Rein In Arbitration Come Under Well-Financed Attack via the New York Times
8. John Oliver’s Best Videos of 2015 via Salon
9. Happiness Doesn’t Bring Good Health, Study Finds via the New York Times (a super clickbaity title; my takeaway was: “Happiness is a squishy measure.”)
10. Guns Have Always Been Regulated via the Atlantic
(I couldn’t wait to wear these so please excuse the creases, which went away after the pants were steamed.)
Ann Taylor is running a 50% off sale (excludes new arrivals); use code MERRY50 at checkout.
Here are my picks: Lace 3/4 Sleeve Top, Signature Tote (reviewed here), Mini Signature Tote (reviewed here), Pearlized Crystal Statement Necklace, V-Neck Sweater Dress, Sequin Pencil Skirt, Cashmere Ruffle Sleeve Cape, Double Breasted Trench Coat, Mock Neck Turtle Sweater, and Crepe Ruched Wrap Top.
I ordered the Brushed Plaid Blanket Scarf and Blanket Scarf, will share reviews if they are keepers.
Happy winter solstice!