Below-freezing temperatures and icy roads have made getting dressed a matter of practicality and less one dictated by mood and whims, as it is nine months out of the year.
I dug this outfit from late fall, when bare legs were accepted, out of the archives because it’s a good reminder that spring is not (too) far away.
And here are some of my favorite reads from the last week:
1. (a must read) The Pursuit of Beauty via the New Yorker
2. What’s the Right Temperature for the Earth via the Washington Post
3. Revenge Retail Gone Awry? Tory Burch’s Ex-Husband Describes C. Wonder’s Fall via the New York Times
4. The 40 Greatest Dog GIFs of All Time via Buzzfeed
|Unbranded Wool Sweater | Pendleton Black Watch Tartan Skirt (last worn here) | Longchamp Le Pliage Large Shoulder Tote | Michael Kors Runway Watch (also here) | Kate Spade New York Licorice Metallic Leather Pump|
5. (not for the squeamish) …C-Section Babies Photographed at Less Than 20 Seconds Old via Slate
6. The Driver’s Seat via the New Yorker
7. Rural America’s Silent Housing Crisis via the Atlantic
8. Off the 3-D Printer, Practice Parts for the Surgeon via the New York Times
9. America the Beautiful via Medium
10. A Bug in the System via the New Yorker