I thought I’d share a current wishlist in place of a weekly shopping update.
1) DAY Birger et Mikkelsen Lightweight Crepe Wrap-effect Blouse – I really enjoy the off-white color (looks ivory with a tint of yellow) of this blouse, I previously tried a similar style from H&M but found the cool white too bleak. I ordered the Vince Camuto Wrap Front Blouse during Amazon’s 30% sale after reading a few positive reviews online but will try this DAY Birger et Mikkelsen option if the Vince Camuto one doesn’t work out.
2) J.Crew Embellished Wool-blend Felt Baseball Cap – the casual glam trend that J. Crew is pushing on us this season both perplexes and mesmerizes me (I may have picked up the Boy Shirt in Beaded Chambray on sale recently). I suppose this hat would make for a fun DIY project but why do it when J. Crew already did for you? Other baseball caps that J. Crew released this season include one in calf hair, colorblocked wool, or with embroidery.
|Clockwise from top left: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5|
3) Karl Lagerfeld Vive Leather-trimmed Silk Shirt – this is a great shirt to wear on its own or to layer under a sweater to show off the leather collar and cuff. Express has a more affordable version here.
4) Current/Elliott The Shortall Stretch-denim Overalls
– one item I regret donating is my Gap overalls. I’ve been told I look
like a farmer in my old overall so I have some doubts about getting another.
5) Diane von Furstenberg Berry Wrap-effect Crepe-jersey Jumpsuit – jumpsuits are impractical? sure. But they are so sleek looking. The Black Halo Jackie Jumpsuit in white is still on my wishlist but the sophistication of this DVF wrap-effect jumpsuit is unparalleled.
My leather jacket search is ongoing as some promising leads turned up empty. I’ll share pictures of some recent purchases later this week.
Highest on my wishlist is a printed bag. I had considered
getting the ubiquitous Louis Vuitton Neverfull but there’s something really hackneyed about being just another Asian woman carrying a monogrammed LV handbag.
I quickly crossed off Burberry checks, Goyard chevrons (though it always
looks beautiful on Jean), Fendi monograms, Ralph Lauren equestrian, Givenchy Rottweiler, and Coach logos (been there,
For practical reasons, I thought
a leopard bag would be the answer. After all, how often does one hear
that “leopard is a neutral” (it’s not). I tested the waters with this Ann
Taylor Floral Leopard Jacquard Clutch but quickly realized that this clutch has the perfect amount of leopard
in it and I wouldn’t want anything bigger. That said, I do have a review planned for the Kate Spade Cedar Street Leopard Tote which garnered countless positive reviews online (here and here). It’s on sale at Lord + Taylor for $223.50 plus an additional 20% off with code VETS.
|Kate Spade Cedar Street Leopard Tote|
Also loved the Anthropologie Garden Guest Tote but that quickly sold out and now sells for $450 on ebay.
appreciate pop art but didn’t love anything enough to want it printed
on a bag I intend to carry for a very long time. Also on the review docket is the Kate Spade Bow Harmony Tote in a print that I own in skirt form.
the end, I circled back to the Louis Vuitton Neverfull (at the risk of
further perpetuating the abovementioned stereotype). I had sold all of my LV bags over the years because of how rarely I used them but recently became amenable to the idea of adding the Neverfull with Mon Monogram to my collection.
couldn’t decide between these three color schemes: bordeaux, mustard/moutarde, and dark
green/vert anglais (all with ivory outlines) so I decided to place my order in person in order to compare them side by side.
I won’t tell you which combination I decided on but will share my final choice with you all when it
arrives (I was quoted a 6-8 week lead time so I should get it in another 2-4
If you too are/were considering a personalized LV bag and wondered about the three shade of green offered, the “Vert Anglais” is
even darker in person and the “Vert” is a slightly darker shade of
green that is quite lovely. The best thing to do would be to visit a store and see color samples in person before making your decision.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Popsugar. All opinions are my own.